Charitable Cultural Organisation
We provide local benefits - socially and economically - to advance the culture of the Australian and Brazilian Community [Br ‘aussie’ leiros] through the sharing of Afro Brazilian Culture.
Founded in 2009 we were recongised as a National Charity and Cultural Organisation in 2022.
Our Head Office is in the Central Coast of NSW, and we operate in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
Subscribe to our site
Join our email list and get access to specials, classes andevents
Resilience and Sustainability for the community and sector - Sponsored by Multicultural NSW
Celebrating, supporting and researching a diverse and resilient culture helps us address personal and social resilience. Social capital and inclusion are built with celebration and these events are so inclusive they often help other communities too.
What we do
- Instruction and the opportunity to converse in the Portuguese language
- Observance of Carnaval and other Brazilian customs, festivals and ceremonies
- Operating, displaying and exhibiting items of historical significance
- Undertaking talks, discussions, film making and seminars .
- Funding the public performance of works of Samba and Afro Brazilian Culture
- Creating opportunities for Cultural Exchange for Australian and Brazilian choreographers
- Funding workshops so that Australian and Brazilian choreographers can share with the community.